The CVC Word Families Board Games are great for developing young learners’ phonemic awareness as well as blending and segmenting words abilities.
CVC Word Families Board Games
What you need:
- Board Games printed out and laminated
- Game Counters
- Game cards cut out
How to complete the activity:
1. Laminate and cut out the game cards.
2. Shuffle the cards and place them face down next to the game board.
3. All children put their game pieces on the START space.
4. Children take turns throwing a dice in clockwise direction.
5. Move that many spaces.
6. When the child lands on a space they pick up a card. If the card is the same word family as the space they are on, they get to keep the card. If not, they place the card next to the pile of cards.
7. Continue until there is a winner (the one that passes FINISH first).
8. Children count and read the cards they have.